What you need, or don’t need…
Although certifications and prior emergency service experience is recommended, you do not need these things to volunteer and become a member of our team! We provide all the training you need. Want to become an EMT? We’ll send you to school**! Are you over 21 years of age? Come drive for us today! Below will give you some basic information on is required to be an active duty member with Tri-Town Ambulance Service, inc.
- Valid New York State Drivers license
- Must be minimum 21 years of age
- Emergency Vehicle Operations Course or similar
- CPR/first aid Certification (visit www.actioncpr.org for classes)
- Valid New York State drivers license
- Must be 18 years of age (will be exempt from driving until age 21 reached)
- One of the following:
- EMT-B cert
- AEMT cert
- AEMT-CC cert
- AEMP-P cert
- CFR cert is not accepted
- Note: Tri-Town Ambulance Service, Inc now operates at the Paramedic level
- CPR/First aid certification
- Additional certifications as needed
In addition to the above, All Members Must…
- complete online courses ICS 100 & ICS 700 found on www.fema.gov
- provide doctors physical(we lift a lot and often work in adverse weather conditions)
- possess great customer service skills
- promote teamwork and leadership
- refer a friend!! We need members!!
We have a streamline training and clearing process for all members whether you’re just starting out or an EMS veteran.
Check out the incentives page for more information on what Tri-Town can offer you for your help!
**Certain conditions must be met. Please ask about schooling opportunities at time of initial interview.